Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two Marvel Universe and One Transformer review

Bought Rodimus today, and Mary Jane and Luke last week.


Mary Jane Watson. Wife of Peter Parker. What's that? One More Day? Never happened... Anyways, I always liked MJ and I actually didn't remember she was going to get MU treatment. I wanted it just to own it. The figure itself is pretty plain. The head sculpt is pretty. The shirt design is meh. She comes with a little puppy. Meh. Female MU figures I'm still waiting on: Emma Frost and (Young Avengers) Hawkeye.


Luke Cage, he's been shelf warming the pegs for a while. Picked him up because of a 2 for $9.99 sale we had. He comes with a beanie, bling necklace, and a contorted I-beam. His head sculpt has sunglasses. That really should have been another accessory instead. The I-beam is a lame accessory. The bling necklace is also pretty tacky, but at least it looks funny. The I-beam is just lame. I don't like the jean paint job. It just looks off.


Rodimus Minor. My third Animated Transformer figure. I bought him because I liked his vehicle mode.


Hot Rod looking good in vehicle mode. The bow ruins the look, so I prefer to leave it off. There is one thing about the vehicle mode that sucks.


There's a gaping hole on the backside. It should have been covered here. I still like his vehicle mode way more than his robot mode.


Robot mode isn't too bad. The head sculpt looks good, but the chest is too big. Articulation is about average. His head has great flexibility. The molding of his arm limits his hands. He would have awesome wrist articulation if the arms were molded differently. He's still better than Blitzwing, but he can't top the queen of Animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment