Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another Combo Review


Super combo review. Sneaking suit Naked Snake, Fry, Bender, and "Vintage" Boba Fett.



The Big Boss came in from Kid Nemo. He comes with fist hands, handgun hands, two pistols, one silencer cap, and a shield. I wish it came with one more set of hands that are just open. The handgun hand is terrible when using it with no gun in it. His sculpt is one of the most awesome ones I have ever seen on an articulated toy. His actual articulation leaves a lot to be desired though. Let's compare to my other Play Arts Kai figure, Lightning.


Snake's face is leaps and bounds better than Lightning's. Snake's sculpt is highly detailed, but is also quite bulky. Something I was worried about when I picked and looked at Chris Redfield back at AX. He had a similar build to Snake, and when I saw him up close, he was incredibly bulky. Now that I have him, his sculpt does indeed hinder his articulation quite a bit.

His joint at the shoulder is very limited. Lightning can bend her arm back further than Snake's. This one thing prevents a lot of poses from looking right. I really can't stress how much this sucks.


His legs are on par with Lightning's. That is the only other good thing about him aside from his good looks. If you don't have the money for a Medicom Snake, this is an okay substitute. I would avoid it otherwise.

Boba Fett with a "Vintage" card. Who cares? This is a terrible scalpers product. This is actually an awesome figure, but the "Vintage" card makes it "collectible" and scalpers will sweep these up. Forcing people like me to pay more. Thankfully, I work at a toy store. Suck it scalpers.


This is my fourth Boba Fett. I thought my second one (an old Legends) had articulation. I found out I was wrong when I finally opened it up after forgetting about it for a couple years. So I probably should have bought the Evolutions pack with Boba, Mandalore, and Jango so I wouldn't have had to beat scalpers to buy this. My first was a Kenner, and my third Boba Fett was the Mcquarrie version.

This Fett has a helmet and a jet pack that comes off. He has a small cloth cape. He comes with two blasters. All of these are awesome things. His actual face is nicely detailed, but I don't really care for it. It's a typical modern Star Wars figure in the articulation department. His head is on a ball joint, so he has great movement. No ab swivel though. Great figure. Hope anyone who wants it, can pick it up themselves in store.



Fry and Bender. Normally I skip these cartoon figures because they normally don't have articulation. I saw that Fry had joints, and I naturally assumed Bender's arms and legs could bend into poses. I ended up buying both.


Fry comes with a holophonor, ray gun, Slurm can, and a tin of anchovies. His articulation is terrible. His shoulder, waist, and head are cut joints. His elbows and knees are pin joints. Very limited movement. Increased a bit with cut joints above both of the pin joints. Still, it's better than just a statue of a cartoon figure. I wish Fry came with interchangeable eyes like Bender.


Bender comes with a pile of cash and coins, can of robot oil, bottle of booze, and three sets of eyes. This is one of those characters that I thought wouldn't transfer well to a figure. They managed to do it here. The interchangeable eyes are fantastic. They should of had one more set that was just normal. The arms and legs are bendable, but are still very stiff. The fact that you can actually open up his chest is awesome. The only bad thing about this figure is the fingers. It's hard to have him hold anything well. This is still a very good toy.

I hope to see Leela, Zap, and Zoidberg soon.

Next review should hopefully be Sylvanas and maybe Thrall.

No comments:

Post a Comment