Tuesday, July 13, 2010

5 Gundam Review


From Gundam00, Kyrios and Arios 1/100. Arios is the Designer Color version.

I've always been partial towards the "transformers" in Gundam. In ship form, I love Arios way more than Kyrios. Arios in ship form looks right, and is very firm. Kyrios isn't as streamlined and is flimsy.

In robot mode, things are quite the opposite. It's here where Arios is too bulky and has too much excessive mass. Kyrios on the other hand looks quite normal. His articulation is typical of Gundams. His hands pop out of the sockets way too easily though. Other than than little annoyance, I like Kyrios robot mode way more.

Also from Gundam00, Dynames 1/100.

In Gundam Seed, I grew to love the extra-long canon wielding Buster Gundam. I pretty much instantly loved this long range sniper Gundam in 00. His shielding looks lame, so I only keep the two smaller panels of it on. His thrusters make his backside look bulky. I like the beam handles being recessed into the thrusters though. Dynames overall is pretty good.




From Gundam Wing, Wing Zero Custom 1/100 Master Grade. Pearl Gloss version.

I've bought a Wing Zero Custom 1/144 as part of my first couple of Gundams. A 1/60 Perfect Grade is too big for my liking, so I wanted a Master Grade. This Master Grade is the first time I ever saw one, and even though the white parts all look like "lotion," I had to have it.

This is the second Master Grade I've built. Destiny from Gundam Seed Destiny was the first. Even though this was a Master Grade kit, I was expecting the build to be loose and finicky as the other Gundam Wing models I've built before. It didn't disappoint. I broke a small piece that was supposed to be on the head. His arms were also so loose, that it couldn't hold the rifles in any of his iconic positions. The smaller wing pieces pop off quite easily when I try to reposition them. The rubber feathers also pop off easily.



Despite all it's flaws, it's still quite awesome. Like many others, I just love it's wings. Both the big and small wings can spread out and look amazing.


From the Gundam Seed series, Strike E with I.W.S.P. 1/100 Master Grade. Lukas O'Donnell colors.

The best for last. The best looking and most fun accessories because of the I.W.S.P. I did break a piece off of one of the guns on the I.W.S.P. Other than that blip, it was a solid build. Like Destiny, it has some cool moving parts on the legs. After doing only panel lines, stickers, and decals, it is the best looking Gundam out of all the ones I've built. The I.W.S.P. is the best looking weapons pack of any Gundam. It can only be posed with the I.W.S.P. on a stand because it makes it back heavy. With it off, it's firm and can hold some nice positions.

I'd highly recommend this Gundam.

No comments:

Post a Comment