Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Marvel Universe: Black Widow and Thor

Whee! New series came in. Thor and Natasha. on Twitpic

Black Widow and Thor 3.75 Marvel Universe 2010 Series 2 by Hasbro. Cost: $7.99 each. Impulse buy. First Black Widow figure I've bought. First Thor figure I've bought.

The new series finally came into the store today. I decided on these two to add to my collection. I passed on Luke Cage. I may or may not get Bucky if he's still on the shelf next week. The last Marvel Universe figures I bought were Ms. Marvels. They didn't come with stands, so it was very nice to see these included. These stands have TWO pegs!!!! These figures are meant to be in a standing position, and I'm glad to see that they have done this for these stands. The last 3.75 figure I bought was comic War Machine, and it was the first 3.75 Marvel figure I bought that came with a stand. The stand that came with it was disappointing. It had only one peg and had a lame card gimmick.

Black Widow comes a gun that fits her trigger hand poorly. So poorly, I have her holding it in her left hand by the handle on top instead. Her belt is a loose piece hanging on her hips. I have no clue why they did this. It doesn't look any better than if they had just molded it on and painted it. Her face sculpt isn't incredibly sexy, and yet it's not ugly either. Overall, she's an average figure.

Stands! Nice. Natasha is okay. Thor looks great. on Twitpic

Thor on the other hand is a magnificent figure to behold. He comes with Mjöllnir which is easily held. His sculpt from helmet to boots is beautifully detailed. From the 3.75 line of toys, this is easily the most satisfying one that I own. Overall, Thor is an epic figure. I can only hope that Emma Frost, Mach IV, or Songbird get made as well as Thor has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment